This year has been marked by continued uncertainty and upheaval of our consumer habits and supply-and-demand balance. The dynamic business landscape has been challenging for even the most successful corporations, let alone for startups that are earlier in their efforts to establish market traction and growth.
Some young companies, however, are building the kind of products and services that our essential industries need in these turbulent times: deeply technological, full-stack solutions that add resiliency and reliability to supply chains, that advance fields such as autonomy to address persistent labor shortages, and that provide 21st century infrastructure for healthcare and biopharma.
This speaks to Eclipse’s core thesis and the common thread across our portfolio, as we partner with companies that are driving digitization at the industrial level in sectors like manufacturing and logistics operations, energy storage, and semiconductors. But given the global scale, lethargy and complexity of these industries, moving them forward is no small feat — especially for a young company a fraction the size of the average incumbent.
However, despite the challenges to transform industrial industries in a normal year, our portfolio companies still managed to innovate and deliver in a year like 2021. We wanted to take the time to highlight some of the most notable honors our portfolio companies were awarded in 2021:
- Accepted into the World Economic Forum’s Global Innovators Community to transform the future of manufacturing with “machine health”
- Lauded by Frost & Sullivan for supporting insight-driven manufacturing:
- For the second year in a row, BrightInsight has been named to the CB Insights annual Digital Health 150 list, showcasing the most promising private digital-health companies in the world.
- Co-Founder and CEO Kal Patel was named a Top 50 Healthcare Technology CEOwas named a Top 50 Healthcare Technology CEO by Technology Innovators:
Co-Founder and CEO Fabian Gerlinghaus featured in Medicine Maker Power List 2021.
- Already the world’s largest computer chip, the second-generation Wafer Scale Engine debuted in April with a record-smashing 2.6 trillion transistors and 850,000 AI-optimized cores.
- Also named one of Fast Company’s 10 most innovative companies in artificial intelligence:
- Named a CES 2022 Innovation Award Honoree for outstanding design and engineering of its advanced, 3D Silicon Lithium-ion battery:
- Co-Founder and CEO Anna-Katrina Shedletsky honored with an Under-40 Innovators Award at this year’s Design Automation Conference.
- Honored for Auto Camera Solution of the Year in the second annual AutoTech Breakthrough Awards.
- Presented with the 2021 “Innovation Showcase” Grand Prize by senior-living provider Eskaton:
- Named to Fast Company’s inaugural Next With Things in Tech list, garnering honorable mention in the Smart Machines category for its precise-positioning technology for autonomous vehicles and mass-market applications.
- Honored As Fleet Management Technology Company of the Year in the second annual AutoTech Breakthrough Awards.
- Cell Alpha named one of TIME’s 100 Best Inventions of 2021.
- Also named one of the 10 Best New Audio Products of the Year by Gear Patrol.
- Co-Founder and CTO Jason Oberg honored with an Under-40 Innovators Award at this year’s Design Automation Conference
- Recently appointed Chief Scientist, Dr. Jamie Shotton, wins the prestigious Longuet-Higgens Prize for his seminal contributions to the field of computer vision.
Seeing these companies not just grow their business, but advance the very industries that drive world GDP — despite the prolonged pandemic — inspires us to keep thinking bigger and pushing harder to help exceptional founders build generational companies. The Industrial Evolution is a movement fueled by bold entrepreneurs and a shared mission to modernize entire sectors throughout our economy.
Follow Eclipse Ventures on LinkedIn and Twitter for the latest on the Industrial Evolution
Revolutionizing Robotic Automation to Make Online Grocery Profitable: Our Investment in Fulfil SolutionsRead More
Enabling Secure and Compliant Data Collaboration: Our Series A in DecentriqRead More
Accelerating the Next Generation of Transit: Our Series A in RideCoRead More
Accelerating the Next Wave of Autonomous Vehicles: Our Series B in WayveRead More